Source: Life Extension
Sale Price: $15.99 + Free Shipping
Take advantage of FREE air shipping in the United States!
Life Extension Adrenal Energy Formula, 60 vegetarian capsules, Item# 01628
When properly supported, the mechanism known as homeostasis enables the body to maintain its normal balance during stress, helping us to remain energized and focused. Increasingly overwhelmed by stress, however, our bodies seldom get a chance to restore our natural equilibrium. The result is that an estimated 75-90% of visits to primary care physicians are now related to the effects of stress.1 Even more alarming is a recently published study2 linking stress with shorter telomeres (the caps on the ends of chromosomes), which is associated with accelerated aging.
Inhibiting the Pathways of Stress
Stress disrupts multiple biochemical pathways, including cortisol production, the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, proinflammatory enzyme production and neurotransmitter production. A preclinical study has shown that stress also inhibits neural plasticity (the growth of new connections between neurons in the brain).3
Fortunately, Life Extension® has created a state-of-the-art formulation of botanical adaptogens, shown to modulate a broad range of factors to help relieve the effects of stress.
Adrenal Energy Formula combines four known stress-modulating extracts—Holy basil, cordyceps, Bacopa, and ashwagandha—each scientifically validated to support homeostasis, even on the most stressful days. Each of these extracts modulates a different set of stress related changes in the body’s chemistry.4-16 Combined, they may complement each other to provide complete adaptogenic stress defense.
For those who are seeking protection from the damaging effects of stress, Adrenal Energy Formula is a broad-spectrum, potent, and safe formulation for maintaining healthy energy and vitality! Adrenal Energy Formula modulates stress and supports energy and balance.Supplement FactsServing Size:
2 vegetarian capsulesServings Per Container:
30Amount Per Serving
- OciBest® Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum) extract 10:1 (whole plant) [std. to 2.5% triterpene acids (15 mg)] - 600mg
- Proprietary Blend: - 516mg
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract 5:1 (root and leaves) [std. to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides]
- Cordyceps Cs-4 (Paecilomyces hepiali) extract 8:1 (mycelia) [std. to 7% cordycepic acid]
- BaCognize® Ultra (Bacopa monnieri) extract 25:1 (whole herb) [std. to 25% bacopa glycosides]
vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silica, maltodextrin.
BACOGNIZE® ULTRA is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc.
OciBest® is a registered trademark of Natural Remedies Private Limited.
Sensoril® is protected under US Patent Nos. 6,153,198 and 6,713,092 and is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.Dosage and Use:
Take two capsules twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.References
1. Available at: http://www.stress.org/ americas.htm. Accessed March 12, 2012.
2. Biol Psychiatry. 2012 Feb 15;71(4):294-300.
3. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2012 Jan 10. [Epub ahead of print]
4. J Ethnopharmacol. 1998;60:173-8.
5. J Altern Complement Med. 1998;4(4):429-57.
6. J Altern Complement Med. 1998;4(3):289-303.
7. Phytomedicine. 2001 May;8(3):207-12.
8. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1996;70:85-8.
9. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007 May 22;111(3):671-6.
10. Phytother. Res. 2007;21:965-9.
11. Ind J Psych. 2006;48(4):238-42.
12. Plant Foods for Human Nutr. 1997;50:9-16.
13. Redox Rep. 2005;10(5):257-64.
14. J Nat Prod. 2007 Sep;70(9):1410-6.
15. J Ethnopharmacol. 1999;64:91-3.
16. I ndian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;51:345-53.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Related Products and Information