ADVANCED BIO-CURCUMIN with Ginger & Turmerones - Life Extension - 30 Softgels
Life Extension Advanced Bio-Curcumin® with Ginger & Turmerones, 30 softgels, Item #01808
Curcumin is an active compound derived from the Indian spice turmeric. It has been widely acclaimed for its diverse health-promoting effects on nearly every organ system in the body,1-6 including its support for the body’s natural inflammatory response system.7 But most curcumin is neither absorbed well nor retained well in the blood--posing a challenge to those who wish to maximize its benefits.8
Life Extension® took the lead in resolving this issue several years ago by introducing Super Bio-Curcumin® containing BCM-95®, a patented, bioenhanced preparation of curcumin that has been shown to reach up to seven times higher concentration in the blood than standard curcumin.8
Now, an exciting next generation curcumin formula has become available. Advanced Bio-Curcumin® with Ginger & Turmerones provides additional compounds that further boost absorption of curcumin’s highly beneficial phytonutrients.9,10
In addition to BCM-95®, this new curcumin formula contains:
- Turmerones: After curcumin is extracted from turmeric, what remains is turmeric oil rich in compounds called turmerones.11,12 Combining BCM-95® with a high content of turmerones provides health consumers with more beneficial turmeric compounds that further multiply absorption.9 Scientists have shown that these potent turmerones not only support curcumin absorption, but significantly increase the amount of curcumin inside the cell as well.9
- Ginger: Curcumin and ginger are close botanical relatives. Research demonstrates that they have overlapping and complementary health benefits,13 and scientists are focusing on the therapeutic effects of combining these two plants.14,15 Advanced Bio-Curcumin® with Ginger & Turmerones provides a supercritical extract of ginger standardized to the greatest concentration of ginger compounds--including beneficial gingerols and shogaols.
- Phospholipids: This new curcumin formula also contains phospholipids, a type of emulsifying molecule known to greatly enhance absorption of poorly soluble active compounds.10
The enhanced bioavailability and potency of Advanced Bio-Curcumin® with Ginger & Turmerones is superior to conventional curcumin supplements. This product represents the most powerful and cost-effective way to supplement with--and receive the full benefits of--this very critical nutrient.
Turmeric Phospholipid Blend
BCM-95® Bio-Curcumin® Turmeric 25:1 extract (rhizome) [total curcuminoids complex with essential oils (380 mg)], Turmeric oil (rhizome) [providing 60 mg total turmerones], Phospholipids
Ginger CO2 extract (root) [providing 60 mg gingerols]
gelatin, extra virgin olive oil, soy lecithin, glycerin, purified water, sunflower oil, soy fatty acids, carob color, beeswax, dl-alpha tocopherol.
Take one softgel daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
1. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;595:197-212.
2. Biofactors. 2013 Jan-Feb;39(1):2-13.
3. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012 Mar;39(3):283-99.
4. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;595:1-75.
5. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009 Feb;30(2):85-94.
6. Curr Drug Targets. 2011 Mar 1;12(3):332-47.
7. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35.
8. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2008 Jul-Aug;70(4):445-9.
9. J Med Food. 2012 Mar;15(3):242-52.
10. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2007;60:171-7.
11. J Agric Food Chem. 1999 Oct;47(10):4297-300.
12. Z Naturforsch C. 2001 Jan-Feb;56(1-2):40-4.
13. Osteoarth Cartilage. 2003 Nov;11(11):783-9.
14. Wound Repair Regen. 2009 May-Jun;17(3):360-6.
15. Available at: http://www.umassmed.edu/hema_oncology/MDSInfo/curcuminandgingerol.aspx . Accessed September 25, 2013.
FREE Shipping in the CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES - ALL ORDERS !
The statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. The foregoing statements are based upon sound and reliable studies, and are meant for informational purposes. Consult with your medical practitioner to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms. Please always check your purchase for possible allergins and correct dosage on the bottle before use.
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Life Extension Institute assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.