Source: Life Extension
Sale Price: $15.00 + Free Shipping
Take advantage of FREE air shipping in the United States!
Beneficial bacteria reside in the intestinal tract and aid the digestive process, primarily by keeping harmful bacteria from growing out of control. These beneficial bacteria (also called probiotics) are thought to support immune function and gut health, increase the body’s resistance to infection, and prevent the onset of allergenic response.3-9
Probiotics literally means “for life.” Traditional diets (like the Mediterranean Di-et) with foods that contain probiotics have been shown to promote health and longevity.10
Probiotics are thought to facilitate healthy GI and perform many other important functions. For example, researchers have discovered that probiotics help decrease nuclear factor kappa B (NFkB), a pro-inflammatory cytokine, and positively modulate cellular signaling pathways.11
Studies have also shown that probiotics can influence youthful gene expression.12 Properly formulated probiotics provide biologically active materials that can positively influence many aspects of human health.13
70%-80% of immunoglobulin-producing cells reside in the gut which is populated by nearly 100 trillion microorganisms, many of which are beneficial bacteria.12 These bacteria are considered a living part of the human organism.14 With age, we can experience a decline in vital probiotics and the strength of the immune system. Restoring the gut’s friendly bacteria can stimulate and regulate healthy immune function.14
BB536®, a unique well-studied strain of the bifidobacteria probiotic, increases the number of healthy bacteria in the colon.15 An in vivo study demonstrated a significant increase in longevity in mice supplemented with bifidobacteria.16 BB536® was also found to reduce production of inflammatory cytokines that often accompany seasonal symptom development.17
Each capsule of Bifido GI Balance provides two billion colony-forming units of viable healthy bacteria.Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 capsuleServings Per Container:
60Amount Per Serving
- Bifidobacterium longum BB536® (supplying 2,000,000,000 CFU at time of manufacture) - 25mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), tapioca starch, vegetable stearate, silica.
BB536® is a registered trademark of Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.Dosage and Use:
Take one capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. For optimal potency, refrigerate after opening.References
3. Postgrad Med. 2009 Mar;121(2):114-8.
4. Methods and findings in experimental and clinical pharmacology 2010, 32 (2); 129-132
5. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;31(10):655-9.
6. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2008 Jul;42 Suppl 2:S58-63. Review.
7. Postgrad Med. 2009 Mar;121(2):119-24.
8. Beneficial Microbes, 2010; 1(1): 31-36
9. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010 Mar 15;67(6):449-58.
10. ISHS Acta Horticulturae 744: I International Symposium On Human Health Effects Of Fruits And Vegetables May 1, 2007 Prebiotic Effect Of Fructans From Agave, Dasylirion And Nopal.
11. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem.2010;74(2):375-81.
12. J Nutr. 2010 Oct 27. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20980641.
13. Br J Nutr. 2010 Oct;104(7):1007-17.
14. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2009 Nov;63(11):1277-89.
15. Altern Med Rev. 2008.
16. Br J Nutr. 1999 Apr;81(4):315-21.
17. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1):70-4. PubMed PMID: 16365061.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org