Blueberry anthocyanins are considered nature's most potent antioxidants and have demonstrated properties that extend well beyond suppressing free radicals.Source:
Life Extension Foundation
Sale Price: $19.99 + Free Shipping
Take advantage of FREE air shipping in the United States!
When researchers analyzed fruits and vegetables for their antioxidant capability, blueberries came out on top, rating highest in their capacity to destroy free radicals.1 Just this year, scientists have discovered mechanisms to explain how blueberries can improve memory and restore healthy neuronal function to aged brains. The astounding conclusion of researchers was that the favorable effects of blueberries on brain function are analogous to those seen with long-term calorie restriction.2,3
Blueberry extracts help maintain healthy blood flow via several mechanisms including healthy LDL oxidation, normal platelet aggregation, and maintenance of endothelial function.
When blood flow is interrupted to the brain (ischemia), significant and permanent damage often results. In rats fed blueberries, the size of the area of the brains damaged by ischemia was 50 percent less than the control group.4Blueberry's most active constituents
The two most active constituents found in this health-promoting fruit are anthocyanins and pterostilbene. Blueberry anthocyanins are considered nature's most potent antioxidants and have demonstrated properties that extend well beyond suppressing free radicals. Pterostilbene is another blueberry constituent that helps maintain healthy lipid and glucose levels that are already within healthy ranges.5 Even more exciting is that through its unique biological effects, pterostilbene may help maintain healthy DNA structure.6Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 capsuleServings Per Container:
60Amount Per Serving
- Wild Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) 100% powder extract (whole fruit) [standardized to 1.5% Anthocyanins (5.25 mg)] - 350mg
- VitaBlue Wild Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) 150:1 extract (fruit) [standardized to 1000 ppm Pterostilbene (0.1 mg), and 1% Anthocyanins (1 mg)] - 100mg
- VitaBlue Wild Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) 130:1 extract (fruit) [standardized to 40% Total Phenolics by UV (20 mg), and 12.5% Anthocyanins (6.25 mg)] - 50mg
rice flour, gelatin, magnesium stearate.
This product contains NO wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or dairy. Contains NO sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
VitaBlue is a registered trademark of VDF Futureceuticals, Inc.Dosage and Use:
Take one capsule daily or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. This product can be taken with or without food.References
- J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jun 16;52(12):4026-37.
- J Neurosci. 1999 Sep 15;19(18):8114-21.
- Neurobiol Aging 2005 Apr 30;(Epub ahead of print).
- Exp Neurol. 2005 May;193(1):75-84.
- J Agric food Chem. 2005 May 4;53(9):3403-7.
- Mutat Res. 2003 Feb 5;535(1):103-15.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Related Products and Information