Life Extension High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate), 5000mcg 30 vegetarian tablets, Item# 01913Quantity Discount 4-Pak: $18.99 each
Folate is involved in neurotransmitter synthesis and critical enzymatic reactions throughout the body. By depleting excess homocysteine, folate benefits cardiovascular health and nervous system function.
Folate helps maintain homocysteine levels within the normal range,1 thereby promoting cardiovascular health.2 Folate also supports neurotransmitter synthesis—which in turn, helps maintain cognitive abilities.3
However, not everyone has sufficient activity of the enzyme required to convert folate to its biologically active form, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, or 5-MTHF.4,5
For those whose homocysteine levels remain stubbornly high, the answer lies with the bioactive form of folate called 5-MTHF, which is up to seven times more bioavailable than ordinary folic acid.6 This unique compound requires no enzymatic conversion to become metabolically active6— providing maximum support for both cardiovascular and cognitive health.
Each vegetarian tablet of High Potency Optimized Folate provides 5,000 mcg of the metabolically active 5-MTHF form of folate.Key advantages of 5-MTHF
Supplement FactsServing Size:
- Seven times more bioavailable than folic acid
- Supports cardiovascular health and nervous system function
1 vegetarian tabletServings Per Container:
30Amount Per Serving
- Folate [as (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt]** - 5000mcg
microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silica, vegetable stearate.
**Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Patent number 7,947,662.Dosage and Use:
Take one capsule daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.References
1. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Apr;83(4):842-50.
2. Am J Ther. 2014; Epub Nov 17.
3. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan;8(1):19-28.
4. Am J Hum Genet. 2002 Mar;70(3):758-62.
5. Coll Antropol. 2004 Dec;28(2):647-54.
6. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;141(5):825-30.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com