Life Extension Homocysteine Resist, 100 capsules, Item# 01435Source:
Life Extension FoundationIngredients:
See below.Sale Price: $18.00
Life Extension has long warned members about the dangers of high homocysteine and has advised taking vitamin B6, folic acid, and vitamin B12 to help maintain healthy arteries.
Not only have large human trials linked high homocysteine with a dramatically greater risk of heart problems, but more recent studies associate high homocysteine with an increased incidence of neurodegenerative issues.
While many doctors and blood laboratories consider homocysteine levels of 5-15 micromoles per liter (mmol/L) blood to be "normal," epidemiologic data indicate that levels above 6.3 mmol/L sharply and progressively increase heart problems.1
One study found that each 3 mmol/L increase in homocysteine caused a 35 percent increase in heart problems.2
Because there is no "safe" level of homocysteine, Life Extension recommends keeping levels as low as possible, preferably below 7-8 mmol/L.
For those seeking to lower their homocysteine, Homocysteine Resist provides a potent dose of 750 mg vitamin B6 along with 800 micrograms folic acid and 500 micrograms vitamin B12.Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 capsuleServings Per Container:
100Amount Per Serving
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI) - 750 mg
- Folate (as folic acid) - 800 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) - 500 mcg
gelatin, magnesium stearate, rice flour.
1. Robinson K, Mayer EL, Miller DP, et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia and low pyridoxal phosphate. Common and independent reversible risk factors for coronary artery disease. Circulation. 1995 Nov 15:92(10):2825-30.
2. Verhoef P, Stampler MJ, Buring JE, et al. Homocysteine metabolism and risk of myocardial infarction: relation with vitamins B6, B12, and folate. Am J Epidemiol. 1996 May 1; 143(9):845-59.Dosage and Use:
Take one capsule daily with meals or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.Caution:
Do not use this product if your homocysteine levels are at or below acceptable levels. Consuming more than 2000 mg of vitamin B6 daily can result in loss of muscle coordination and tingling sensations in the extremities, and degeneration of nerve tissue. Similar effects may be experienced if more than 200-300 mg of B6 is consumed per day over the course of months or years especially if taken without other B complex vitamins. Consult your physician before using this product if you are taking levodopa (L-dopa).
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org