Source: Life Extension
Sale Price: $21.00 + Free Shipping
Take advantage of FREE air shipping in the United States!
Only a small fraction of the lycopene you eat ever reaches your skin. Because the lycopene in raw tomatoes is tightly bound to indigestible fiber, little of it is absorbed by your body.1 And most of the lycopene that is ingested gets deposited in fat-rich organs such as your eyes, adrenal glands, colon, and liver--instead of your skin.1,2
The good news is the fat soluble nature and small molecule size of this plant nutrient make it more easily absorbed when applied topically to the lipid-rich environment of the skin!3
Cosmesis has created a topical lycopene formulation in an antioxidant cream format. Applied directly to the delicate tissue of the face, Cosmesis Lycopene Cream--with its unique combination of lycopene and extracts of green, red, and white tea--provides targeted support against the visible effects of UV radiation and oxidative stress.
Research suggests that antioxidants work synergistically,4 so Cosmesis has incorporated a concentrated tea blend extract, containing polyphenol-rich components of red, green, and white tea. Because of this, the protective effects of both lycopene and the tea extract bioactives can combine to support the ability of healthy human skin to maintain its normal growth and repair, while providing natural protection against free radicals, and optimal defense against the visible effects of UV radiation.4-7
Lycopene--a potent antioxidant carotene--supports your bodyís natural defenses against the visible signs of UV damage, oxidative stress, and premature aging by:
- Coordinating skin cell behavior: Lycopene can improve the operation of "gap junctions,"8 unique channels that connect one cell to the next to facilitate communication and the passing of molecules and ions between cells.9,10
- Promoting normal antioxidant activity: Lycopene is a potent scavenger of the free radicals that contribute to aging.4
- Strengthening your skinís collagen: Lycopene can help inhibit the activity of enzymes involved in the destruction of collagen.11
- Supporting your bodyís normal protection of skin-cell DNA: Lycopene can help support the skinís natural ability to ease inflammation, promote cell renewal, and aid in the protection of DNA from the destructive ravages of UVB exposure.7
Purified Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Lycopene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Concentrated Tea Blend Extract.Dosage and Use:
Apply a sparing amount morning and night to protect and rejuvenate skin.References
1. J Agroalimentary Proc Technol. 2009;15(4):540-2.
2. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2002 Nov;227(10):845-51.
3. Biomed Chromatogr. 2010 Feb;24(2):154-9.
4. Crit Rev Food Sci. 2004;44:559-73.
5. Drug Discov Ther. 2010 Oct;4(5):362-7.
6. Exp Dermatol. 2009 Jun;18(6):522-6.
7. Nutr Cancer. 2003;47(2):181-7.
8. Food Chem Toxicol. 2003 Oct;41(10):1399-407.
9. Annu Rev Physiol. 1999;61:283-310.
10. Physiol Rev. 2003 Oct;83(4):1359-400.
11. J Nutr Biochem. 2007 Jul;18(7):449-56.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org