Life Extension PQQ Caps with BioPQQ®, 20 mg 30 vegetarian capsules, Item# 01647
Mitochondria are the cellular energy generators that supply virtually all the power your body requires for a healthy life span. An abundance of published studies underscores the critical importance of the mitochondria to overall health, especially as we age.1-7 Energy-intensive organs like the heart and brain are dense with mitochondria. Until recently, the only natural ways for aging individuals to increase the number of mitochondria in their bodies were long-term calorie restriction or exhaustive physical activity—which are difficult or impractical for most people to implement. PQQ offers a viable alternative.
The enormous amount of energy generated within the mitochondria exposes them to constant free radical attack. The resulting mitochondrial decay is a hallmark of aging. PQQ protects and augments delicate mitochondrial structures to promote youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
- Antioxidant power. Like CoQ10, PQQ is a highly potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of biochemical reactions in the mitochondria without breaking down, for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.8
- Favorably modulates gene expression. PQQ activates genes that promote formation of new mitochondria9—and beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes also support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism, and youthful cellular proliferation.10
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from the DNA contained in the nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected. PQQ’s antioxidant potency and favorable gene expression profile act to support mitochondrial defense.
PQQ is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body cannot make it on its own. A growing body of research indicates that PQQ’s unique nutritional profile supports heart health and cognitive function—alone and in combination with CoQ10.11,12 This comes as no surprise, given how much energy these vital organs need.
Research shows that PQQ supports heart cell function in the presence of free radicals and promotes blood flow in the heart muscle.13 When taken in combination with CoQ10, just 20 mg per day of PQQ has been shown to promote memory, attention, and cognition in maturing individuals.14
Life Extension has identified a purified, highly potent form of PQQ from Japan that is produced through a unique fermentation process. The result is BioPQQ™, the highest quality PQQ available on the market today.\Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 vegetarian capsuleServings Per Container:
30Amount per Serving - % DV
- BioPQQ® Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt - 20mg
rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), L-Leucine.
BioPQQ® is a trademark of MGC (Japan).Dosage and Use:
Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.References
- Biochimie. 1999 Dec;81(12):1131-2.
- Lancet. 1989 Mar 25;1(8639):642-5.
- Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010 Jul 7.
- Age (Dordr). 2010 Mar 20.
- Ageing Res Rev. 2010 Jun 25.
- Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010 Jun 25.
- Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei). 2001 May;64(5):259-70.
- Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.
- J Biol Chem. 2010. Jan 1;285:142-152
- Entrez Gene: PARGC1A peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 alpha [ Homo sapiens ] GeneID: 10891.
- Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004 Nov;18(6):421-31.
- J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Jun;11(2):119-28.
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Nov 16;363(2):257-62.
- FOOD Style. 2009;21:13(7)50-3. [Tokyo].
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org