Life Extension Tocotrienols with Sesame Lignans, 60 softgels, Item# 00781
Tocotrienols have shown superior action in maintaining arterial health. This wonder nutrient is so effective because of its structure of double bonds in the isoprenoid side chain, making it a great scavenger of free radicals.
Sesame lignans have been added to help block or inhibit the enzyme that breaks down tocotrienols allowing tissue levels of tocotrienols to build up in the body. This translates into much greater antioxidant protection, decreasing destructive free radicals.
A study of Swedish women showed supplementing with sesame oil increased gamma-tocopherol levels 41.7% without any other sources of tocopherols.1
Sesame lignans have been shown to have the ability to lower a measure of oxidative cell membrane/DNA damage by 82%.2
The Isoprostane marker measures the amount of cell membrane (also called lipid peroxidation) damage caused by free radicals.3,4
Our own in-house study showed a reduction in serum Isoprostane levels after two weeks of supplementation of tocopherols with sesame. The in-house study also showed a substantial decrease of dityrosine (marker which measures serum levels of deep tissue protein oxidation caused by peroxynitrite radical reacting with tyrosine) by 22%.
Supplement FactsServing Size:
- [Lemcke-Norojarvi M. Corn and sesame oils increase serum gamma-tocopherol concentrations in healthy Swedish women. J. Nutr. 2001;131:1195-1201]
- Kang MH, Naito M. Mode of action of sesame lignans in protecting LDL against oxidative damage in vitro. Life Sci. 2000;66(2):161-7.
- Cracowski JL, Durand T, Bessard G. Isoprostanes as a biomarked of lipid peroxidation in humans: physiology and clinical implications. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2002 Aug;23(8):360-6.
- Roberts LJ, Morrow JD. Measurement of F(2) isoprostanes as an index of oxidative stress in vivo. Free Radic Biol. Med. 2000 Feb 15;28(4):505-13.
1 softgelServings Per Container:
60Amount Per Serving
- Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol) - 31.3 IU
- TocominŽ Full-Spectrum Natural Tocotrienol Complex - 75mg
- Gamma tocotrienol - 41.7-50mg
- Alpha tocotrienol - 20.9-29.2mg
- Delta tocotrienol - 10.4-14.6mg
- Beta tocotrienol - 2.1mg
- Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract [standardized to 60% sesamin (12mg)] - 20mg
gelatin, glycerin, water, and rosemary extract.
To keep our products pure and natural no color has been added to these softgelatin capsules. The natural separation of active ingredients may occur. This product contains TocominŽ Full-Spectrum Palm Tocotrienol Complex. TocominŽ is the registered trademark of Carotech, Inc. and protected by US Patent No.: 5,157,132.Dosage and Use:
Take one softgel per day. For optimal absorption, take with food.Caution:
Because Vitamin E inhibits blood clotting, use with caution if you are taking anticoagulant drugs or have a bleeding disorder. This product should not be used by individuals who have an allergy to sesame.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org